At Chick-Fil-A, we put people first. We credit our 39 consecutive years of sales growth directly to the outstanding leadership and hard work of our franchised Restaurant Operators and their teams.
In Business For Yourself... Not By Yourself
The Chick-fil-A franchise opportunity is unique to the quick-service restaurant industry. For an initial financial committment, of $5,000, selected franchisees (whom we call Operators) are granted a lisence to operate a Chick-fil-A Restaurant. The Chick-fil-A franchise opportunity requires that the individual be free of any other active business ventures and operate the Restaurant on a full-time, hands-on basis.
Chick-fil-A Operators must successfully complete an extensive, multi-week training program prior to commencing operation of a franchised Chick-fil-A Restaurant business. With additional development courses and corporate support available, Chick-fil-A Operators are equipped to handle decisions and reap the rewards of a challenging business.
You might want to continue researching an opportunity with Chick-fil-A if you
- Are you looking for a full-time, "hands-on" business opportunity.
- Have a proven track record in business leadership.
- Have successfully managed your personal financies.
- Are a results-oriented self-starter interested in growing a business.
This might not be the opportunity for you if you
- Are seeking an investment or an equity position in a business.
- Want to sell property to Chick-fil-A, Inc.
- Are requesting Chick-fil-A, Inc. build at a specified location.
- Are seeking multi-unit franchise opportunities.
- Would like to diversify your franchise portfolio.
The Application Process
At Chick-fil-A, we believe that our success in a community is tied directly to the caliber of the individual franchised Operator who operates the local Chick-fil-A Restaurant. Therefore, we are extremely careful about choosing Operators. We are looking for a good fit - and we know our franchisees are, too.
The Chick-fil-A Operator application process is rigorous. The opportunity is highly competitve:
- We receive approximately 10,000 franchise inquiries per year. Over the past five years, we have selected an average of 75 to 80 new franchise Operators per year.
- Chick-fil-A maintains a franchisee turnover rate of less than 5% per year.
- The location and development of Chick-fil-A Restaurants is determined by Chick-fil-A, Inc., based on corporate goals for expansion in specifically targeted markets.
- We do not offer franchise opportunities to all qualified candidates. Rather, we select the best candidates for a limited number of franchise opportunities.
The first step in the process is to review a series of Frequently Asked Questions and then complete and submit an Expression of Interest form. Upon receipt of your completed Expression of Interest form, Chick-fil-A, Inc. will review your information to assess whether or not you meet its current preliminary criteria for franchise Operator candidate consideration and generally will respond to your submitted Expression of Interest within approximately three weeks. If Chick-fil-A, Inc. decides that you meet its preliminary criteria for consideration, you will be invited to complete a Chick-fil-A Operator application.